Friday, November 2, 2012

Depth


Today's word of the day is: depth.

With the election quickly approaching and fresh on my mind, I am realizing the depth of my knowledge of many of the issues is, well, somewhat shallow. 

I consider myself aware and somewhat knowledgeable of the political landscape but the reality is, is that most of my exposure to the issues are via the smear campaigns that fill all of the network TV commercial spots, the debates, posts on my Facebook feed and some conversation with friends.  With the election just days away now, I am scrambling to research the issues to make sure I understand them before I cast my vote. 

Where do you get your information on the political candidates and issues?  Do you feel like you have an in-depth knowledge of the issues?

I think depth is an important personal quality to strive for - whether it is depth of knowledge, relationships, curiousity, enthusiasm, emotion and the list goes on.  Life moves so quickly and sometimes we miss out on experiencing things in much depth but to take the time and effort to do so, I believe, improves the quality of our knowledge, relationships, etc. etc. and life in general!

Depth



No comments:

Post a Comment